Monday, May 9, 2011

The day I didn't meet Eddie Ross

My excitement couldn't be contained when I noticed on Eddie Ross's website that he'd be at Ivy Market. I love his blog. I love that he's a Martha alumni. I love that he's a House Beautiful alumni. He's a celebrity in my book.

Long story short, I mentioned my love for ER to my dear friend Betsy. Of course, she knew who he was and had already heard him speak at the Tuckahoe Women's Club. So, fast forward to Thursday. Audrey (another dear friend) and I went to Ivy Market after our Cinco de Mayo lunch. We hit all the booths and saw tons of gorgeous things. Not wanting to seem like a complete dork, I completely downplayed being within spitting distance of ER. Inside, I was completely freaking out. It would be like seeing Martha --- Carla and I have often dreamed of bumping into Martha in Maine but what would we say!?! We wouldn't have a CLUE! So, we finished Ivy Market -- I went home --- end of story. Well, that's the end until I see Betsy.

At the bus stop, Betsy asked if I saw ER. Of course, I told her that I was completely star struck and it was like looking at the sun - I couldn't look directly at him. Betsy, being Betsy, had all but invited him to Christmas dinner! They are 2 peas on a pod. Long lost soul mates that have been reunited over their love for all things glorious in life. They swapped emails, took a photo together and made promises of meeting up in the Shenandoah Valley for shopping and exploring. Needless to say, I was kicking myself for being chicken. What was I thinking?? I should have been a dork and professed my love and gotten a photo!

An hour passes and Betsy knocks on my door with a brown bag. My mother's day gift (Betsy's thoughtful like that). Inside ER has SIGNED a copy of Southern Living to ME and has GIVEN (did I say GIVEN?, yes, GIVEN) me a beautiful milk glass bowl. He's also said that I need to join them for dinner when they do their Shenandoah trip --- I WILL NOT CHICKEN OUT! This would be a dinner dream come true.

The moral of my story goes back to the premise of this blog. Never underestimate the value of great friends. I don't deserve the ones that I have but I'm so thankful they're in my life. -Shannon




No comments:

Post a Comment