Thursday, May 5, 2011

The backside

On January 14, we hosted a joint 6th birthday party for 16 girls. The following Monday, we began the demolition. There are plenty of daily photos that I could bore you with (it's been a long 15 weeks) but I'll just give you the before and after. 

The old family room was built in '67 felt like it was a trailer stapled to the back of our house. Animals lived in the walls (there was evidence of it being the Ritz for squirrels), there was a strange popping sound that went from outlet to outlet, and we were positive that there wasn't wall insulation (we were wrong). 

The new space has tons of windows and is supremely climate controlled! We went to the 9's on insulation! 

These photos are stolen from my contractor - his camera's better than mine! -Shannon












Family room/entry way- Paint is Benjamin Moore Palladian Blue
Mudroom - Paint is Benjamin Moore Grant Beige (my fave!)
Bathroom - Cole & Son - Fornasetti - Tema e Variazioni

5 comments:

  1. is the yell8w bathroom and slate floor a before or an after? if

    If it is an after, do you know the paint or tile information?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found one of these photos on pinterest searching for "palladian blue" I love your colors and would like to use them for an inspiration board im doing on my new blog www.grayhousebluedoor.blogspot.com with a photo credit, of course. I'll email you as well to be sure you get this message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely, wonderfully, no doubt, perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What color is the hardwood? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm curious what type/color of hardwood it is also! I love it!

      Delete